Facebook’s head of Messenger David Marcus announced onstage at TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2016 that Facebook Messenger chatbot payments can now take place within Messenger. This makes the whole experience smoother and more feasible to create a bot to not only help potential customers to discovery products but to actually purchase them easily too, using the credit card info people already have stored in Facebook or Messenger.
To support payments in Messenger, Marcus says that the company is working with all the major players in the industry including Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
This opens up significant new possibilities for bots. Here’s a few ideas:
– A retail chatbot that recommends the most relevant products to the user based on their selections and preferences, allowing them to buy the product ‘in the moment’ without them having to leave Messenger
– A food ordering chatbot that takes payment for the order, avoiding the likelihood of
– A booking chatbot with an interactive menu that takes full payment or a deposit for the service
– A car rental chatbot that helps a user quickly find their car and pay for it
– A boat rental chatbot that helps a user quickly find their car and pay for it
– A blogger chatbot that makes it possible for followers to register for premium content
What’s your Facebook Messenger chatbot payments idea? Contact LoyaltyBots today to discuss the possibilities.
2019 Loyalty Apps Ltd
86-90 Paul St, 3rd Floor, London, EC2A 4NE